Soft Matter Hybrid Laboratory
- Chong Min Koo (구종민)
- School of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering
- Sungkyunkwan University
- Office #: 25221, Engineering Building II
- 2066 Seobu-ro, Jangan-gu, Suwon, 16419, Republic of Korea
- Tel: +82-31-290-7351, E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=5TXY574AAAAJ&hl=ko
- B.S., Dept. of Industrial Chemistry, Hangyang University (1997)
- M.S., Dept. of Chemical Engineering, KAIST (1999)
- Ph.D., Dept. of Chemical Engineering, KAIST (2003)
- Professor, Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University (2022-present)
- Center Heard, Tenured Fellow, Young Fellow, Principal Research Scientist, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (2007–2022)
- Professor, University of Science and Technology (2010–2022)
- Professor, KU-KIST Graduate School, Korea University (2017–2022)
- Postdoctoral fellow, University of Minnesota (2003-2005)
- Senior Research Scientist, LG Chemicals (2005-2007)
- Visiting Scholar, Materials Sci. & Eng. Penn. State University (2011, 2013)
- Visiting Scholar, Materials Sci. & Eng. Drexel University (2017-2018)
Honors and awards
- 2021 Top 10 Nano Technology, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning & Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Republic of Korea (2021)
- Seoktop (석탑) Professor Award, Korea University (2021)
- NST Best Research Award, Minster Award, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Republic of Korea (2021)
- KOPTRI Award, Korea Polymer Society (2021)
- KISTian Award, the Grand Prize (2021)
- KIST Tenured Researcher (2021)
- 2020 Top 10 Science News in Korea, Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (2020)
- Korean President Award, Person with Distinguished Merits in the Contribution to National Scientific and Technological Development, (2019)
- Korean Scientist of the Month (September) (이달의 과학기술인상), Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (2018)
- Best Senior Academic Award (중견학술상), Korea Polymer Society (2018)
- Top 100 National R&D Excellence in 2018, MXene 2D materials, (2018.10.15)
- Best Professor Award of UST (2017)
- Best Publication Award of UST (2017 )
- KISTian Award (KIST인상) (October, 2017)
- LG Young Scientist Award in Industrial Chemistry, Korea Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (2017)
- Songgok Scientist Award (송곡과학기술자상), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (2017)
- KIST Young Fellow (2017)
- KIST Award (November, 2016)
- Best Research Team Award, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (2015)
- KIST Unsung Hero Award (2012)
- Marquis Who’s Who In the World (2012, 2013)
- Best Research Team Award, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (2011)
- LG Group Best Research Award (2007)
- LG Chemicals Best Research and Development Award (2007)
- A. Iqbal, F. Shahzad, K. Hantanasirisakul, M. K. Kim, J. Kwon, J. Hong, H. Kim, D. Kim, Y. Gogotsi*, and C. M. Koo*, “Anomalous absorption of electromagnetic waves by 2D transition metal carbonitride Ti3CNTx (MXene)” Science 2020, 369, 446-450.
- F. Shahzad, M. Alhabeb, C. Hatter, B. Anansori, S. M. Hong, C. M. Koo*, and Y. Gogotsi*, “EMI shielding with 2D transition metal carbides MXenes”, Science 2016, 353, 2237-1140.
- D. He, N. Zhang, A. Iqbal, Y. Ma, X. Lu, Z. A. Qiao, J. H. Yu, H. Xu, W. Wang, R. Zhao, X. Li, Z. Zhou, C. Jin, C. M. Koo*, C. Wang*, “Multispectral electromagnetic shielding using ultra-thin metal-metal oxide decorated hybrid nanofiber membrane”, Communications Materials 2021, 2, 1-9.
- T. Yun, H. Kim, A. Iqbal, Y. S. Cho, G. S. Lee, M. K. Kim, S. J. Kim, D. Kim, Y. Gogotsi*, S. O. Kim* and C. M. Koo*, “Electromagnetic shielding of monolayer MXene assemblies”, Advanced Materials 2020, 32, 1906769.
- F. Shahzad, A. Iqbal, H. Kim, C. M. Koo*, “2D transition metal carbides (MXenes): applications as an electrically conducting materials”, Advanced Materials 2020, 32, 2002159.
- A. Iqbal, P. Sambyal, and C. M. Koo*, “2D MXenes for electromagnetic shielding: A review”, Advanced Functional Materials 2020, 30, 2000883.
- S. Lee, E. H. Kim, S. Yu, H. Kim, C. Park, T. H. Park, H. Han, S. W. Lee, S. Baek, W. Jin, C. M. Koo*, and C. Park*, “Alternating-current MXene polymer light-emitting diodes”, Advanced Functional Materials 2020, 30, 2001224.
- D. Kim, T. Y. Ko, H. Kim, G. H. Lee, S. Cho*, and C. M. Koo*, “Nonpolar dispersion of 2D Ti3C2Tx MXene flakes via simultaneous interfacial chemical grafting and phase transfer method”, ACS Nano 2019, 13, 13818-13828.
- T. H. Park, S. Yu, M. Koo, H. Kim, E. H. Kim, J. E. Park, B. Ok, B. Kim, S. H. Noh, C. Park, E. Kim, C. M. Koo*, and C. Park*, “Shape-adaptable 2D titanium carbide (MXene) heater”, ACS Nano 2019, 13, 6835-6844.
- S. Yu, H. Cho, J. Hong, H. Park, J. C. Jolly, H. S. Kang, J. H. Lee, J. Kim, S. H. Lee, A. S. Lee, S. M. Hong, C. Park, S. Yang*, and C. M. Koo*, “Shaping micro-clusters via inverse jamming and topographic close-packing of microbombs”, Nature Communications 2017, 8, 721.
- J. H. Lee, K. S. Han*, J. S. Lee, A. S. Lee, S. K. Park, S. Y. Hong, J. C. lee, K. T. Mueller*, S. M. Hong, and C. M. Koo*, “Facilitated transport in smectic ordered ionic liquid crystals”, Advanced Materials 2016, 28, 9301-9307.
- B. Kim, M. H. Kim, Y. D. Park, K. Min, J. Kim, S. M. Hong, S. O. Kim*, and C. M. Koo*, “Electric actuation of nanostructured thermoplastic elastomer gels with ultra large electrostriction coefficient“, Advanced Functional Materials 2011, 21, 3242-3249.
- P. Kumar, F. Shahzad, S. Yu, S. M. Hong, Y. H. Kim, C. M. Koo*, “Large-area reduced graphene oxide thin film with excellent thermal conductivity and electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness”, Carbon 2015, 94, 494-500.
- Chong Min Koo, Lifeng Wu, Lisa Lim, Mahesh Mahanthappa, Marc Hillmyer, Frank S. Bates*, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of semicrystalline-rubbery-semicrystalline triblock copolymers”, Macromolecules 2005, 38, 6090-6098.
- Chong Min Koo, Sang Ouk Kim, In Jae Chung*, “Study on morphology evolution, orientational behavior and anisotropic phase formation of the highly filled polymer-layered silicate nanocomposites”, Macromolecules 2003, 36, 2748-2757.
- - Two dimensional Materials for Electromagnetic Shielding, Wiley (2021)
- - 2D Metal Carbides and Nitrides (MXenes), Springer Nature (2019)
- - Thermal Transport in Carbon-based Nanomaterials, Elsevier (2018)
- - Advanced Materials for Electromagnetic Shielding, John Wiley & Sons (2017)
- - Thermoplastic Elastomers, InTech (2012)